Thursday, July 30, 2009

Naked Attendance Quiz

Better to miss the 2-point quiz than to take it naked, I think:
Dr. [professor],

I really hope that you will be able to understand the conditions under which I missed class today. I did not purposely wake up and decide that I was going to skip your class this morning. Rather, I took a shower, my roomie walked out of the door and locked me out, meaning I was stuck outside of my room for roughly an hour and a half in a towel. There weren't any RAs in sight, and I was left with out a cell phone to contact her with. She was in a class. I hope you will not consider this a phoney reason as to not coming to class. However, I live in [dorm], so walking to class in a towel would have been rather difficult. I am writing this because a friend in the class told me about the attendance quiz that was taken your class today, of all days. I understand that this may seem a lil bizzar and a random reason. However, I am sincere when telling this. I just don't want to be penalized for something that was completely an accident/ out of my control. I understand if I am penalized in the end, but I figured I might as well try.

Thank you,
[student]

No comments: